West Stark Community Federal Credit Union was originally federally chartered in 1938, as a single employee group of Republic Steel Corporation, and was called Republic Steel Workers Massillon Federal Credit Union. In the beginning the only services available to the members were savings accounts and loans. In 1984, after years of progress and success, the Credit Union applied for and received, from the National Credit Union Administration, an amendment to the charter. The amendment authorized the name to officially be changed to Massillon Industrial Federal Credit Union, and permitted the expansion of the field of membership to include select employer groups.
In 2003, the NCUA again approved a new community charter and we changed our name to West Stark Community Federal Credit Union to better reflect our new membership.
To learn more about our financial products and services, please take a few minutes to browse our Web site.